Friday, May 7, 2010

Slaves of the Monetary System

I can't help but think how different it would be if we were not stuck at the offices for hours but did our own stuff for a couple of hours instead. I mean a couple of hours during which we fully concentrate on what we do.

I had watched this virally-marketed movie called "Zeitgeist" (which I strongly recommend all of you) which also included this idea, in a different way. In the movie, it was claimed that if everyone on earth stopped being a part of this monetary system and dedicated himself to scientific Research&Development and to improve the world, everything would have been extremely different.

I mean they pay you to stay at the office for 9 hours in front of a computer and how many of you work literally 9 hours? Let us substract 1 hour of lunch break and an additional hour for other personal needs (lavatory-smoking-coffee break, etc.) that makes 7 hours. How many of you work for 7 hours? I mean literally 7 hours!? It is not possible. If only we were doing our things for 3-4 hours a day and literally work for those hours. I'm sure we would have been much more motivated in what we are doing, by knowing we woud have been free as a bird after a couple of hours and do whatever we want to do afterwards.

Sometimes I feel like I am trapped, in a coffin or something like that. And still, even I spend so many hours in the office, I sometimes feel like I cannot use my whole potential. I love my job, I really do but let's face it, without contestation, no one can work for 7 hours without getting distracted.

I don't know who created this system (Adam Smith?) or maybe the real question is "Who adopted this system?" Because everyday new things are being created or invented but it is up to us whether to accept and adopt it or not. So we can put the blame on the people who adopted this system instead of making the inventor the scapegoat. But what I know is, mankind should do something one step ahead instead of doing regular stuff. I know one day I will, I know that faith will somehow play its part and show me the way to do something different, a lot more different than I have been doing, and maybe different than that of lots of people are doing. I do not want to let things find their ways in the hands of "faith", I will also probably play my part to change things but on the other hand I strongly believe that all the conditions must be in place for me to take action. The change should be made in the right place, right time. I have to be ready for this, even the people around me should be ready for this, that's why faith is needed here. It has to help us evolve and get ready to what is to happen.

The whole process is linked to each other. Maybe me writing here is a part of it. Maybe it was faith that prepared these conditions...

I assure you that I will write it here if one day I start doing something very different than I do now. Wait, maybe I won't even have to, maybe you will hear my accomplishments anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment